High Volume Dove Hunting at it’s Finest!
At Los Chanares shooters enjoy the ultimate in luxury accommodations and amazing dove hunting only 5 minutes from the lodge. Los Chanares is the only place in Cordoba that can offer consistent 5-minute drives to the field. Combine that with 5-star food and lodging, and it’s no wonder that Los Chanares is widely considered to be “the finest dove hunting lodge in all of Argentina.”
What Sets Los Chanares Apart?
- Five minute drive to shoots
- Roost with millions of birds located inside our property, within a 2 minute drive from the lodge
- Most shooting grounds surround the property between the lodge and roost — many within 5 minute drive from the main house.
- No long drives and no achy bodies – except sore shoulders for high volume shooters.
- Easy access means you have time to relax and enjoy 5-star lunches at the lodge, an afternoon siesta, a refreshing swim in the pool or a revitalizing sports massage.
- Semi-controlled shooting environment ensures hunt dependability
- Carefully developed game management program provides food for doves inside the property – there are hundreds of acres of planted sunflower, wheat and sorghum all for the birds.
- Birds are fed more than 400 tons of corn per year
- Flowing stream on the property provides permanent water holes
- 100% guaranteed action packed hunting at all times, rain or shine
- Non-Stop hunting action
- The lodge shoots on 7,000 acres with over 400 shooting stands
- From 20 yard incoming shots for beginners to high 45-50 yard driven and crossing type shots for experts
- Abundance of low flying doves that pass within 15-25 yards of the shooters
- Option to visit range positioned between two mountains
- Even the most experienced shooter will find high-flying doves challenging
- Overwhelming quantity and quality of wild birds flying non-stop all day long
- 5-Star food and lodging
- Appetizing 3 course meals with the best Argentinean wines
- Feast on Argentinean style barbecue (asado) and dove, our featured specialty — especially the famous homemade dove pate
- Excellent accommodations, service and staff
- Well-equipped estancia was built 8 years ago
- 10 comfortable rooms with 2 double beds and a private bathroom in each
- Open salon area and sociable atmosphere
- Enjoy a Cuban cigar or a good bourbon, single malt or blended whiskey with friends
- The Los Chañares team
- Organized group that run a seamless operation
- Very service oriented with “the customer is always right” attitude
- Meticulous team with attention to all the details especially in the field
- Very happy, tight-knit team of employees with permanent smiles on their faces
- Located in the province of Cordoba, in central Argentina, 70 miles (110 kms) north of the Cordoba international airport.
- The driving time to the lodge is 1:15 in a comfortable Mercedes Sprinter 13-seat van.
- The lodge is located directly in the Macha roost, which is the largest roost in the Province of Cordoba. There are an estimated 20 million birds roosting on or flying over the property at any given moment.
- To arrive into Cordoba there are daily direct flights from many U.S. cities to Santiago, Chile with connecting flights to Cordoba city. That will allow you to make the most of your trip as you will be dove shooting the day of your arrival.
- Hunters may also fly into Buenos Aires (Ezeiza Intl. Airport), transfer to the domestic airport and take a 1 hr flight to Cordoba. There is a new direct flight from EZE to Cordoba with Aerolineas Argentinas
- All clients may shoot half a day on arrival date provided they arrive at the airport no later than 14.00 hrs (16:00 hrs in the summer); and they may shoot a full half day on departure date provided their flight is scheduled for departure after 14.30 hrs.
Facilities and Services:
- Capacity: 19 guns
- Rooms: 10 doubles with private bathroom
- There is a $100 surcharge for single rooms, subject to availability
- Inside dining room, “outside” sitting room with 2 fireplaces, inside living room, bar
- Swimming pool
- Fire pit
- Satellite telephone, Internet access and satellite TV
- Gourmet dining with Argentina’s famed beef and fine wines, traditional asados (BBQ) and delicious desserts.
- Maid and laundry service
- Gift shop offers local artwork and crafts, logo wear and accessories
- Professional photographer or video available upon request
- First class professional hunting guides
- For non-shooters, Historical tours, shopping trips and horseback riding (optional).
Gun for Rent:
- Over 30 guns in very good condition (all bought in last 3 years)
- 20 Benellis Montefeltro 20 ga.
- 1 Benelli M1 Super 90 20 ga. – 8 Shots
- 2 Beretta Urika 20 ga.
- 4 Beretta Silver Pigeon O/U 20 ga.
- 4 Beretta Silver Pigeon O/U 28 ga.
- 1 Beretta Silver Pigeon O/U .410
- 1 Lanber O/U 12 ga.
- No left handed guns
8:00 a.m. – Wake up call. We are only 5 minutes from the shooting stand so you can enjoy a little more sleep. If you’re an early riser, join us for fresh coffee in the outside dining area.
8:30 a.m. – Breakfast is served. Help yourself to fresh fruit, muffins, toast and eggs before you begin your day. You will definitely want to try the Argentinean favorite dulce de leche.
9:00 a.m. – Head out to the field! Dove hunters will be caravanned to the fields in one of our African style safari trucks. The morning hunt lasts 3-4 hours and is adjustable according to your needs.
1:00 p.m. — Enjoy a traditional Argentinean asado (BBQ) lunch. Feast on delicious, homemade empanadas, dove brochettes, pork sausage, tenderloin, ribs, skirt steak, pork chops, chicken and much more.
2:00 p.m. – Free time. Enjoy a stroll on our grounds or return to your suite for an afternoon nap. Because of shortened daylight hours during the winter months, our winter guests may not have the benefit of this extended period of free time.
4:00 p.m. –Enjoy the best shooting in our fields during the 4 hour afternoon shoot.
After the shoot, enjoy a professional upper- or full-body massage from one of our local masseuses. Also enjoy an afternoon cocktail and snack by our Texas fire pit. Recount the day’s events and compare stories with fellow hunters.
9:00 p.m. – Dinner is served. Taste a variety of local seasonal favorites including our famous cuts of Argentinean beef. Jessica Ciappa’s Italian night is another client favorite
End your evening on a high note with a Cuban cigar and premium label whiskey or scotch.
High Season – (January1 – September 30) – $690-$790 per day
High Season Large Group Discount – $7,200-$8,800
Promotional Season – (October 1 – December 31) – $590 per day
Promotional Season Large Group Discount – $5,900
Father / Son or Daughter – Promotional Offer (January 1 – September 30) – $345
Father / Son or Daughter – Promotional Offer (October 1 – December 31) – $160
The Father/Son or Daughter promotional offer is for shooters under the age of 30. This is perfect for high school or college graduation present.
Included in price:
- All ground transportation to/from Cordoba airport and hunting grounds.
- Access to world class dove hunting fields, including professional guides.
- Deluxe double occupancy lodging with private bathrooms.
- All meals and beverages, including selection of the finest Argentine wines, local beers, and local hard liquor.
- All local taxes and service charges.
Not included in price:
- Hunting licenses (currently $65 per day).
- Gun entry permit: $120 per gun or gun rentals ($75 per day).
- All voluntary gratuities for bird boys & lodge staff.
Payment policies: A 50% deposit is required to reserve your requested hunt dates. The deposit is not refundable. Full payment is due 60 days in advance of your scheduled hunt. We recommend trip insurance, which we can provide. Please inquire for updated rates. The acceptable methods of payment after arrival at the lodge for shells, gun rental, hunting license, and pro shop items are cash or personal checks. A 2.5% surcharge will be applied US checks. These fees are what the local banks charge us; we regret any inconvenience.