World Class Pigeon Hunting
Montaraz lodge is located near the town of Cruz del Eje, Cordoba. It is the most exclusive pigeon hunting destination in the province of Cordoba. Originally Montaraz was a 17th century Jesuit monastery. Pigeon hunting takes place in freshly constructed hunting blinds over decoys that are placed in strategic locations to ensure you have a successful and rewarding hunting experience.
About the Estancia:
Located between the “Sierras Chicas” and the “Sierras Grandes”, this elegantly restored 17th century Estancia is decorated with the ease of friendly colonial style and is surrounded by wide verandas overlooking lovely gardens and orchards, even a lake. It offers 8 in-suite bedrooms to accommodate a maximum of 16 guests, a comfortable living room and a spacious, fully stocked wine cellar and complimentary bar. It has a large dining room designed for a great relaxation, wining and dining.
With the best Argentine beef and quality ingredients, the chef creates an array of delicious traditional specialties and international dishes. The wine is produced with carefully selected grapes from our own vineyards.
From the moment you arrive in Argentina, service is personalized and attention is paid to every imaginable detail. This standard is maintained throughout the house staff and guide team making this pigeon shooting program exceptional.
- Cordoba is considered one of the best pigeon shooting capitals of the world. The 50 square mile radius (80 km) around the lodge is annually inhabited by over 5 million pigeons. The lodge enjoys around 20 shooting fields all within a scenic drive through the region
- The program generally starts at 8:00 AM with a hearty breakfast and a short drive to the shoot. In the field you will be assigned a bird-boy, who will provide you with shot shells, refreshments, direct you to your shooting stand and load your gun. They have radio communication and can solve problems rapidly.
- Depending on the time of the year, you will shoot till noon when you will be treated to an incredible traditional barbeque lunch at the lodge, tasting some of Argentina’s wonderful beef and the exclusive wine
- Afternoon begins at around 2 or 2.30 hr., and continues until 5 or 6. Return to the lodge for cocktails at the wine cellar and early dinner
- These birds are large and fast, which make calculating speed a little bit deceptive. They work excellently with decoys
- We ensure one freshly built blind for each hunter. Decoys are strategically deployed around the blinds, at a suitable distance
Facilities & Services:
- Capacity: 17 guns
- 7 king size bedrooms; 1 double room; 1 queen size bedroom. All with private bathrooms
- Dining room, sitting room, cellar & bar, gun cleaning table and facilities.
- Swimming pool
- Tennis court
- Stables, saddle room, and horses (additional surcharge for horse-back riding is applied)
- Free Wi-Fi Internet access
- Gourmet dining with Argentina’s famed beef and the Estancia wine, traditional asados and delicious desserts
- Gun rental
- First class professional shooting guides
Montaraz Lodge Rates
Pigeon Shooting in Cordoba!
- 4 days / 3 nights – 6 hunts = $2,490 per hunter
Season: May- September
Non-hunter rate is 50% of the hunter rate
- Lodge Accommodation
- All meals and local drinks and beverages
- Transfer from the local airport to the lodge (Round Trip)
- Gun cleaning services
- International and domestic flights
- Shells: $13 per box of 25 – DOVE
- Shells: $15.50 per box of 25 – PIGEON
- Hunting license: $65 per day
- Gun Rental: $ 70 per day
- Bird Boy fee: $25 per hunt
- Gratuities for house staff