Sierra Brava is hands-down “the best bang-for-the-buck dove hunting lodge in Cordoba.” No other lodge offers better quality hunting, accommodations, amenities, service and professionalism for the money! With exclusive access to some of the best fields in the famous Macha dove hunting area, Sierra Brava is the preferred lodge for many of the world’s most serious shot gunners. The recently renovated lodge is so comfortable and inviting that many guests consider Sierra Brava their “home away from home.”
- Incredible dove hunting that is high-volume, non-stop yet challenging
- Sierra Brava Lodge is only a 15-minute drive from Macha, the largest and most well-known roost in Cordoba. Yes, drives are only 15 minutes most of the year!
- Sierra Brava owns the world record for most birds shot in one day – over 10,000 by Jack Minter.
- Sierra Brava shoots on more than 160,000 prime acres in the North of Cordoba, including many of the best flatland fields.
- Sierra Brava can offer variety for those wanting to make the 1,000 bird club or for those wanting to shoot extremely challenging, high birds.
- Most-friendly atmosphere and staff at any of the Cordoba lodges
- The lodge is a cozy, warm and hunter-friendly place with many areas to enjoy time with friends.
- One of the owners, Juanjo Sala, is very hands-on and enjoys spending many hours with the clients.
- Anybody who has been to the lodge knows Topo who is a constant source of entertainment.
- Bird boys are fun, young guys who are fully capable of disassembling guns and cleaning them on site. They are the fastest loaders in the province, which you will see is quite important!
- All the staff go out of their way to make you feel at home. There is nothing we can not do.
- Best home-cooked Argentina meals with amazing wines
- Sierra Brava buys their 100% Argentine Beef from the best butcher in Cordoba despite the logistical inconveniences.
- Unforgettable dove hunting field lunches with typical gaucho, Argentinean style asados (bbqs).
- Fine Argentine wines, including the world famous Malbec grape.
- First class chef who prepares delicious, simple meals with an incredible presentation.
- Best value in all of Argentina
- No better deal for hunting doves.
- Lowest shell price in Cordoba.
- Incredible large group discounts.
- Located in the province of Cordoba, in central Argentina, 60 miles (100 kms) north of the Cordoba international airport.
- The driving time to the lodge is 1:10 in a comfortable van.
- The lodge is located near the Macha roost, which is the largest roost in the Province of Cordoba.
- The main characteristic of the area are the low green rolling hills with tons of birds.
- Sierra Brava has 53 fields covering over 160,000 acres.
- From March-May, Sierra Brava has the best flatland harvest fields in the north of Cordoba
- To arrive into Cordoba there are daily direct flights from many U.S. cities to Santiago, Chile with connecting flights to Cordoba city. That will allow you to make the most of your trip as you will be dove shooting the day of your arrival.
- Hunters may also fly into Buenos Aires (Ezeiza Intl. Airport), transfer to the domestic airport and take a 1 hr flight to Cordoba. There is a new direct flight from EZE to Cordoba with Aerolineas Argentinas.
- All clients may shoot half a day on arrival date provided they arrive at the airport no later than 14.00 hrs (16:00 hrs in the summer); and they may shoot a full half day on departure date provided their flight is scheduled for departure after 14.30 hrs.
Facilities and Services
- Capacity: 14 guns
- Rooms: 7 doubles with private bathroom
- Dining room, sitting room, bars, recreation room, gun cleaning table and facilities
- Swimming pool – tropical pool bar
- Fire pit
- Internet access and satellite TV
- Gourmet dining with Argentina’s famed beef and fine wines, traditional asados (BBQ) and delicious desserts.
- Laundry service
- Gift shop offers local artwork and crafts, logo wear and accessories
- Professional photographer or video available upon request
- First class professional hunting guides
Gun for Rent
- Over 25 guns in very good condition
- 1 Beretta 303 semiauto – 20 gauge (youth model)
- 5 Beretta AL 391 URIKA – 20 gauge
- 9 Beretta AL391-2 2O gauge
- 4 Beretta AL 390 semiauto – 20 gauge
- 2 Benelli Montefeltro semiauto – 20 gauge
- 2 Benelli Super 90 semiauto – 20 gauge
- 3 Benelli M2 semiauto – 20 gauge
- 1 Beretta Pintail – 12 gauge
- 1 Beretta AL 390 semiauto – 12 gauge
- 2 Beretta Silver Pigeon 28ga o/u
- No left handed guns
7:30 a.m. – Wake up call. We’re only 10-15 minutes from the shooting stand so you can enjoy a little more sleep. If you’re an early riser, join us for fresh coffee in the outside dining area. Keep in mind that the driving from March-June is longer so wake-up is earlier.
8:00 a.m. – Breakfast is served. Help yourself to fresh fruit, muffins, toast and eggs before you begin your day. You will definitely want to try the Argentinean favorite, dulce de leche.
8:30 a.m. – Head out to the field! Dove hunters will be caravanned to the fields. The morning hunt lasts 3-4 hours and is adjustable according to your preference.
12:30 p.m. – Enjoy a traditional Argentinean asado (BBQ) field lunch. Feast on delicious, homemade empanadas, dove brochettes, pork sausage, tenderloin, ribs, skirt steak, pork chops and much more.
1:30 p.m. – Free time. Enjoy an afternoon nap in one of our comfortable hammocks/cots. Because of shortened daylight hours during the winter months, our winter guests may not have the benefit of this extended period of free time.
3:00 p.m. – Enjoy the best hunting in our fields during the 4-hour afternoon shoot. After the shoot, enjoy a professional upper- or full-body massage from one of our local masseuses. Also enjoy an afternoon cocktail and snack by the Texas fire pit. Recount the day’s events and compare stories with fellow hunters.
8:00 p.m. – Dinner is served. Taste a variety of local seasonal favorites including our famous cuts of Argentinean beef. Topo’s Italian night is another favorite of our guests.
End your evening on a high note with a Cuban cigar and premium label whiskey or scotch.
Sierra Brava Rates:
High Season – (January 1 – September 30) – $540 per day
High Season Large Group Discount – $4,900
Low Season – (October 1 – December 31) – $440 per day
Low Season Large Group Discount – $4,400
Father/Son or Father Daughter – Promotional Offer January 1 – September 30 – $345
Father/Son or Father Daughter – Promotional Offer October 1 – December 31 – $160
The Father/Son Promotional offer is for shooters under the age of 30. This is perfect for a high school or college graduation present!
- All ground transportation to/from Cordoba airport and hunting grounds.
- Access to world class dove hunting fields, including professional guides.
- Deluxe double occupancy lodging with private bathrooms.
- All meals and beverages, including selection of the finest Argentine wines, local beers, and local hard liquor.
- All local taxes and service charges.
- Hunting licenses (currently $65 per day).
- Gun entry permit: $120 per gun or gun rentals ($75 per day).
- All voluntary gratuities for bird boys & lodge staff.
Payment policies: A 50% deposit is required to reserve your requested hunt dates. The deposit is not refundable. Full payment is due 60 days in advance of your scheduled hunt. We recommend trip insurance, which we can provide. Please inquire for updated rates. The acceptable methods of payment after arrival at the lodge for shells, gun rental, hunting license, and pro shop items are cash or personal checks. A 2.5% surcharge will be applied US checks. These fees are what the local banks charge us; we regret any inconvenience.